Pumpkin Kheer/ Payasam a unique and easy to make dessert. We can call it as a Healthy sweet dish too. Pumpkin itself is a sweet vegetable so very less sugar is added to this recipe. This dessert’s origin is from Hyderabad. We can make this sweet in minutes and the main quality is that no one other than you will ever come to know that the main ingredient used for this payasam is Pumpkin; the essence of pumpkin never feels while we taste this kheer. In many parts of India is dessert is famous in the name of Kaddu ki kheer. Let we start with the recipe.
- Red Pumpkin – 500gms
- Boiled Milk – 3cups
- Sugar – 2cups
- Cashewnuts- 15nos
- Badam – 10nos
- Raisins – 10nos
- Elaichi/ Elakaya – 8nos (powder)
- Ghee – 1tbsp
- Cook Pumpkin in adequate water in pressure cooker.
- Remove the excess water & add Cashewnuts -5nos & Badam – 10nos & Elaichi powder.
- Grind all the ingredients together to a fine paste.
- Remove it to a deep bottom vessel. Pour milk & sugar.
- Nicely mix all ingredients & heat the payasam for 10mins or until boil.
- Heat ghee in a kadai & add the remaining cashewnuts & raisins & roast for 2mins.
- Garnish the roasted cashewnuts & raisins over the Pumpkin Payasam.
Pumpkin payasam is ready to serve hot.