Sabudana Vada / Chowwary vada is a favorite snack mainly prepared among Marathi people. Well goes with hot tea. The best combination is Coriander chutney. It is an easy prepared snack & surely you all will love to it this dish. Crispy, crunchy & superb taste is its description….
- Sabudana/ Sowari/sago – 1cup
- Potato – 3nos
- Green chilies – 3nos (finely chopped)
- Onion – 1no (finely chopped)
- Roasted Peanut powder – ½cup
- Cumin seeds/ Jeera/ Jeeragam- 1tsp
- Coriander leaves – ½cup finely chopped
- Oil – for deep frying
- Salt as per taste
- In a vessel add sabudana & wash thoroughly. Drain water completely from sabudana, add ½ tsp salt & keep it aside closed for 6 hrs. After 6 hrs, you can see the sabudana has doubled its size.
- Take a vessel & add peeled potatoes. In pressure cooker pour adequate water, place vessel with potatoes without adding water in the vessel. When 1st whistle blows, low the flame & cook for 20 mins. Switch off flame. Allow the potatoes to cool. Then smash them.
- Take a deep bottomed vessel. Add the smashed potatoes, sabudana, peanut powder, chopped onion & green chilies, cumin seeds, coriander leaves & salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Then make medium sized balls & roll each ball by pressing it with hand.
- Deep fry the vadas to golden brown color.
Sabudana vada is ready to serve. Goes well with coriander chutney.