Shankarpali is a very famous snack of Maharashtra, India. It is made mainly during Diwali/ Deepavali and main festivals. Normally this dish is made in sweet adding sugar and milk but today I have brought before you is a different version – Salty with pepper and cumin seeds flavor. It is a very good combination for evening snack with hot tea. Shankarpali is one of the easiest recipe/ snack made during Deepavali/ Diwali with few ingredients. This dish can be also named as Maida Biscuit.
- Maida/ All-Purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
- Crushed Cumin seeds/ Jeera – 1tbsp
- Crushed Pepper – 1tbsp
- Baking powder – ¼ tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt as per taste.
- Sieve Maida in a deep bottom vessel. Add to it crushed Cumin seeds, Crushed Pepper, baking powder and adequate salt.
- Mix nicely and then add little water to make smooth dough as we make for normal chapatis.
- Add 1tsp of oil to the dough and knead nicely. Keep it closed for 5mins.
- Make small balls from the dough and roll as we normally do for chapatis.
- Cut into desired shape.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep fry. When the oil is hot, deep fry till it gets slight brown in color.
- Remove it to a plate wrapped with paper towel. When the Shankarpali is completely cooled, store it in an airtight container.
Enjoy the Shankarpali with Hot tea.