Paneer Tikka Masala is one of the famous Punjabi recipe in which paneer is marinated with yogurt along with hot spices which makes the paneer taste very special. But I have tried something different which is known as Soya Tikka Masala. Soya chunks/ Soya protein is very good for health but most people doesn’t love the taste. Soya chunks have very good quality of absorbing the gravy that’s the reason today I have come up with some spicy, tangy & authentic dish – Soya Tikka Masala.
- Soya Chunks – 250gms
- Onion – 2 medium sized (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1 medium sized (finely chopped)
- Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tsp (I used 4 garlic pods & 1 inch ginger & made fine paste)
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Kashmiri Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Dhania/ Malli/ Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Tandoori Masala – 1 ½ tsp
- Fresh Cream – 3tbsp (I used Amul fresh cream)
- Fenugreek/ Kasoori methi leaves – 1tsp (dry leaves)
- Coriander leaves – 1tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Corn Flour – 3tbsp
- Thick Curd/ Yogurt – ½ cup
- Chili powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1tsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Boil water in a deep bottom vessel. Soak soya chunks in water for ½ hour. Squeeze excess water from the soya chunks till they become dry.
- Marinate soya chunks with the ingredients mentioned under marination. Keep it closed for 15mins.
- Heat oil in a kadai for shallow fry. Drop marinated soya chunks & roast the soya chunks till slight brown in color. Remove the roasted soya chunks to a plate wrapped with paper towel.
- Pour 2 tsp of oil in a kadai & add Cumin seeds & allow it to splutter. Then add chopped onion & a pinch of salt.
- When the onion starts turning golden brown, add ginger-garlic paste & sauté well for 2 minutes.
- Then add chili powder. Turmeric powder, coriander powder & garam masala powder.
- Sauté well till nice aroma comes out & all ingredients are well combined.
- Then add chopped tomato & sauté till oil separates.
- Add kasoori methi & fresh cream to the gravy. Sauté well in low flame.
- If you feel the gravy is too much thick then you can adjust adding little warm water.
- Add roasted soya chunks & sauté well in low flame.
- Add tandoori masala powder & chopped coriander leaves. Adjust salt as per taste.
Soya Tikka Masala is ready to serve hot with Fried Rice, Chapathi & Roti.