Tomato plays a vital role in our kitchen. Without this vegetable we can hardly prepare any North Indian gravies. Tomato gives a good color to the gravy with a little tangy flavor. Spicy Tomato Bhaji is a very easy to make recipe with less tangy flavor. Ginger and Green chilies are its added flavor which enhances the spicy taste of Bhaji/ Sabzi. This will be a best side dish to be served if you have any unexpected guests for lunch or dinner. This side dish can be served with Rice, Chapatti as well as Bread/ Roti. The main positive aspect is that this can be preserved in room temperature for 2 to 3days in an air-tight container. Only one thing we need to be careful is to completely dry the gravy while cooking. Let’s get into the recipe:
- Green Chilies – 3 nos (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Onion – 2 nos (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 4 nos (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves – 5 leaves
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Masala powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Place a kadai on flame & pour oil in it.
- When oil gets hot, add green chilies & ginger & sauté for 2 mins.
- Now add chopped onion & little salt & sauté till it turns slight pink.
- Then add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chicken masala powder & salt.
- Add curry leaves & sauté for 2 mins.
- Then add chopped tomatoes & sauté well till oil separates from the gravy.
- Spicy tomato dry bhaji is ready to serve.
Note: This curry goes very well with chapathi & hot rice.