Spicy Tomato Paratha is a little tangy & chili paratha & very easy to make. This can be very well included in our daily breakfast as it is heavy as well as tasty with fewer ingredients. Wheat flour kneaded with chili tomato paste along with garam masala gives the dish a very good color.
Serves: 3 people
- Tomato – 3nos (smashed to fine paste)
- Wheat Flour/ Atta – 3cups
- Ginger – garlic paste – 1tbsp
- Chili powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Dry Fenugreek leaves/ Kasoori Methi – 1tsp
- Salt as per taste.
- Take a vessel. Add Atta along with chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, cumin seeds, kasoori methi leaves & salt. Nicely mix all the items.
- Then add pasted tomatoes & ginger garlic paste. Knead them together to make fine dough. Keep it closed for 10mins.
- Make lemon size balls from the dough. Roll out each ball into a 6 inch paratha.
- Heat a pan. Place the paratha & grease it with 1/2tsp of oil. When the sides turn light brown, turn it to other side & grease it with 1/2tsp of oil.
- When both sides are properly cooked, remove it to a plate.
Tomato paratha is ready to serve hot with thick yoghurt adding some chat masala on top of yoghurt/ Dahi/ thick curd.