Stuffed Baingan with a twist. Normally stuffed baingan/ brinjal are prepared with gravy but today I have prepared it without gravy. Onion prices are on hike & we cannot afford too much of onion in our daily food so in my masala I have increased the quantity of Groundnut / Sheng Dana which can influence the taste as well as making the dish more rich. No many ingredients are added but I have not compromised with the taste. Even Bachelors can try this at least once.
- Brinjal/ Baingan/ Kathrikka/ Baby Eggplants – 6nos (small)
- Oil – 1tsp
- Ingredients for making Masala:
- Onion – 3slices
- Groundnut/ Sheng Dana/Peanut – 100gms (roasted)
- Garlic/ Lasun – 3pods
- Chili powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1tsp
- Salt as per taste
- In a mixer, grind all the ingredients together mentioned under masala.
- Clean brinjal nicely & tap with a dry towel.
- Cut brinjal in 4slits keeping the stem intact. Stuff inside the masala nicely.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Place all the stuffed brinjals
- Roast the brinjals in very low flame. In between turn those to opposite side so that all the sides are
- properly cooked & roasted. Roasting process altogether takes around 20mins.
- When seen that the sides are properly roasted, remove it to a plate
Stuffed Baingan is ready to serve with hot rice or else Chapathi.