Vegetable Biryani Recipe -Kerala Style
A very delicious and healthy Vegetable Biryani, simple & easy to make. Rich in color & texture which can be presented proudly at your dining table during parties and family get together.
Serves: 2 persons
- Biryani Rice – 1 cup
- Onion – 2nos (sliced)
- Carrot – 2nos (small medium cubes)
- Beans – 4nos (small rounds)
- Frozen peas – ¼ cup
- Tomato – 1 medium sized (smashed)
- Tomato sauce (ketchup) – 1tsp
- Lime – ½ piece required
- Ginger – 1inch
- Garlic – 8pods
- Green Chili – 1no
- Garam Masala Powder – 1tsp
- Biryani Masala Powder – 3tsp
- Chili Powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Water – 1 ½cup
- Coriander leaves – ½cup
- Cashew nuts – 4nos
- Raisins – 4nos
- Oil – 3tsp
- Take Biryani rice in a vessel & nicely clean it with water for 3 to 4 times. Remove complete water from the rice & close the lid & keep it aside for 1/2hr
- Make a paste of ginger, garlic & green chili & keep a side.
- Heat a medium sized pressure cooker & pour oil.
- Add garam masala & sauté for few seconds. Then add sliced onion & sauté on medium flame adding little salt.
- When onion turns transparent & pink in color, add ginger-garlic-green chili paste & sauté well for 2mins.
- Then add chili powder, turmeric powder & biryani masala powder & sauté well for 2mins.
- Add smashed tomato & tomato sauce & sauté well till oil starts separating.
- Add biryani rice to it & mix well. Add salt as per taste.
- Then add water to the whole mixture & stir nicely.
- When the water starts boiling add lime juice & cover lid & cook on low flame.
- When the water is completely vaporized, transfer the cooker on top of dosa tawa on high flame.
- When tawa becomes hot, lower the flame & keep stirring in between so that biryani doesn’t stick to bottom of cooker.
- When the biryani is properly cooked, switch off the flame & garnish with coriander leaves & dry fruits.
- Vegetable Biryani is ready to serve. Best combination is raita/ salad.