Dosa is a common breakfast among South Indian people. There are varieties of dosa prepared such as Masala Dosa, Mysore Masala Dosa, Neer Dosa, Mollaga Dosa, Paper roast Dosa etc…… But today I have tried something different which we normally don’t find in restaurant menu card. Vegetable Chopusey Dosa – a combination of South India with Chinese flavors. Believe me it is really yummy!!!!!!Very simple & easy to prepare. Kids will love this dish due to its color, stuffing & taste. Soya sauce and Chili sauce spreaded on dosa along with some tempting noodles rolled out and served hot during breakfast, kid’s lunch box or evening snack.
- Dosa batter – 1cup
- Hakka Noodles – 1 cup
- Cabbage – 4 leaves (shredded)
- Carrot – 2 nos (juliennes)
- Onion – 1 no (sliced thinly length wise)
- Soya Sauce – 3 tsp
- Chili Sauce – 3 tsp
- Tomato Sauce (Ketchup) – 3 tsp
- Oil – 3 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Heat a vessel with 1 1/2 glass of water. When the water starts to boil, add the Hakka noodles & cook for 3 mins. Drain the noodles completely & toss it with cold water so it doesn’t become sticky. Keep it aside.
- Heat a kadai & pour 1/2 tsp of oil. Add all the vegetables & little salt & sauté for 3 mins in high flame. Do not overcook the vegetables. Keep it a side.
- Heat a tawa & grease it with little oil. Pour 1 ladle of dosa batter & spread it in a round shape to make a thin dosa.
- Then keeping it on a medium flame add little oil, chilly sauce 1 tsp, tomato sauce 1 tsp, soya sauce 1/2 tsp. Add 1/4 cup of cooked vegetables & ¼ cup noodles& mix well very lightly.( See to it that the dosa layer is not damaged while mixing all the items)
- Cook till the dosa turns golden brown in color & fold it pressing slightly to make a roll & with the sharp edge of spatula cut it into three pieces.
In the same way repeat the process for making more dosa.
Vegetable Chopusey Dosa is ready to serve, goes well with Coconut chutney & Tomato Ketchup.