Serves: 3 persons
Here comes some exotic taste for the veggies with delighted color & filled with flavors. Vegetable Curry is an Indian recipe which is simple, nutritious, healthy & goes very well with rice/ chapathis/ rotis/ naan.
- 2 bowls chopped mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, potato, cauliflower)
- 1 bowl chopped onion (medium sized)
- 2 ripe tomatoes finely chopped
- 1tsp of chilly powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 2 tsp of coriander powder
- 1 tsp of garam masala powder
- 1 tsp of meat masala powder(I used Eastern Meat Masala)
- 1 tsp of fennel seeds (jeerakam/ jeera)
- 1 tsp of mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadaka)
- 1 nos dry red chilly (kollamulaga)
- 2 tsp of oil
- 5 garlic pods (grated)
- 1 inch ginger (grated)
- Curry leaves (kadipatta/ karuvepila)
- 1 bowl coriander leaves
- salt as per taste
- Clean the cauliflower & boil it in a vessel adding turmeric powder & a little salt till it become tender.
- Take a medium sized pressure cooker.
- Add Oil & prepare the seasoning with mustard seeds, fennel seeds, and dry red chilly.
- Add chopped onion & a pinch of salt to temper the onion & sauté until the onion turns transparent.
- Then add grated garlic, ginger & sauté until 5 mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes & sauté till the tomatoes become tender.
- Add chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, meat masala powder & sauté for 5 mins.
- Then add all the vegetables except cauliflower & sauté for 2 mins.
- Add water as per the gravy thickness requirement ( I used 3 glass of water)
- Then add curry leaves & half bowl of coriander leaves.
- Close the pressure cooker lid & cook on high flame.
- When the 1st whistle comes, lower the flame to cook for 20mins & then switch of the flame.
- When the pressure is completely gone from the cooker, remove the lid & add cauliflower & cook for 20mins.
- Add rest of coriander leaves to the curry & switch of the flame.
- Vegetable Curry is ready to serve.
Note: If ripe tomatoes are not available then you can use tomato sauce.