Vegetable Stew is one of the side dish from Kerala traditional sadhya. This dish looks so creamy & rich in texture. Vegetables cooked in fresh coconut milk add an extraordinary flavor. Appam & Rice puttu are its best combination.
- Potato – 3nos
- Onion – 1no (medium size cut into squares)
- Green Chilies – 5nos
- Ginger – 2inch (Chopped straightly)
- Curry Leaves – 8nos
- Carrot – 1no (cut into square) (optional)
- Coconut Milk – 2cups
- Salt as per taste.
- Boil & cook the potatoes in pressure cooker. Peel off cooked potatoes & smash it nicely & keep it a side.
- In a Deep bottom vessel, add the chopped onions, green chilies, ginger, carrot, 4 curry leaves & little salt.
- Add 1 ½ cup of water to it @ allow it to boil. Low the flame & cook for 10mins closed.
- Then add the smashed potatoes & 1cup of coconut milk. Nicely mix all the ingredients.
- Bring the curry to boil then low flame & cook for further 5mins adding adequate salt.
- Then add the balance coconut milk to the curry along with balance curry leaves.
- Bring it to boil. Switch off the flame.
- Vegetable stew curry is ready to serve.
Goes well with Rice Puttu, Vellayappam & Kuthaari chor.