In Rice recipes the simplest & easiest recipe is Jeera Rice (Zeera Pulao). This rice dish can be prepared in minutes & has a very nice aroma. This dish can go with all types of North Indian Veg – gravies as well as Non-veg gravies & also Chinese gravy. Rice given a ghee tadka of jeera & little Indian spices are its specifications.
- Small grained raw rice – 1cup
- Jeera/ Cumin seeds/ Jeerakam – 2tbsp
- Ghee – 1tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2tsp
- Salt – ½tsp
- Wash rice thoroughly for 2 to 3 times in cold water. Add salt & water to the rice & cook. Kindly do not overcook the rice. When rice is properly cooked, drain the water completely from rice. Allow rice to cool.
- Heat a kadai & add ghee. Then add jeera. Allow it to splutter. Add garam masala powder to it. Switch off the flame. Add the fried jeera & garam masala to rice & mix well.
- Jeera rice is ready to serve. Best combination is dal fry & chilly paneer.