Horse gram/ Mudira are very nutrious cereal for our body and commonly used during cold season. In Tamil Nadu this is known to be kollu and ulavalu in Karnataka. In Kerala state, Thiruvadhira festival is very famous. During this festival, Horse gram is an important item through which we make different delicious items.. Today I tried something different with horse gram & believe me!!!! This turned wonderful. Horsegram/ Mudira Dosa. Horse gram soaked and grounded to a batter form along with urad dal makes this dosa very crispy and slightly brownish in color. This dish is an easy to make recipe with less efforts & much healthier!!!!!!!!
- Horse Gram/ Mudira – 1 cup
- Raw Rice – 1 ½ cup
- Urad dal – ½ cup
- Tur dal – 5 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Soak rice, horse gram, urad dal & tur dal in water for 10 hours.
- Grind all the soaked items together adding little water.
- Remove batter from the mixer to a container. Cover the container tightly & keep a side for 12 hours.
- Then add salt & water to the batter.
- Keep the dosa tawa on medium flame & grease it with little oil.
- Then add one ladle batter on tawa & spread it as the same we do for normal dosa.
- Sprinkle oil on it. When it starts turning crispy, flip the dosa onto other side.
- After few seconds take the dosa out & serve it hot.
Horse gram / Mudira dosa is ready