Today I have with me is some mushrooms so thought of making some unique dish which will be little spicy but tangy and a side dish for any rice variety. Then came to my mind that my family and I loved Kadai Paneer so why not an experiment with Mushroom so made Kadai Mushroom and to my surprise this dish was awesome. I felt that Kadai masala suited more on Mushrooms than on Paneer. Mushrooms with a combination of capsicum cooked in North Indian masalas makes the mushrooms taste very delicious as mushroom has the quality of absorbing spices into itself.
- Mushroom – 250gms
- Onion – 1no (finely chopped)
- Ginger – Garlic paste – 1tsp
- Capsicum – ¼ cup (chopped)
- Tomato – 3nos (finely chopped)
- Tomato ketchup – 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1tsp
- Chili powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder/ Malli podi – 1tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1tsp
- Coriander leaves – ½ cup
- Salt as per taste.
- Oil – 1tbsp
- Clean the mushrooms in cold water & tap them with towel & place it in a bowl. Cut mushrooms into half.
- Heat a kadai & pour oil. Add cumin seeds & allow them to splutter.
- Add the chopped onions & sauté well till golden brown.
- Add ginger – garlic paste & sauté for 2mins.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder. Sauté in low flame for 2mins.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and capsicum. Add adequate salt and sauté till oil leaves out from sides in kadai.
- Add tomato ketchup and sauté for 2mins. Add cleaned mushrooms and nicely mix all the ingredients together.
- Close it with a lid and allow it to cook for 5mins in low flame.
- If you find the gravy too thick, add ½ cup of warm water. Garnish gravy with freshly cleaned and chopped coriander leaves.